As From Thursday 14th November we are now part of NORA Motorsport so things are about to change in regards to R&R’s please keep checking back for important updates as it happens. They will not change that much from what is below just a few minor alterations for our events to make them run more smoothly.
WXT 4×4 Club
TECHNICAL REGULATIONS 2020
New Rules, Regulations and Event Format to be updated very soon
Updated Wednesday January 22nd @ 20:00
General Vehicle Specifications
For all 4×4 events the vehicles must comply with the following minimum standards, further technical regulations may be imposed in the event regulations. For older vehicle that may not fully comply with the regulations then these may be used following an assessment carried out by the Clerk of the Course and Chief Technical officer and duly documented.
As we move forward to a different kind of event Permitting and Insurance we have had to change how we work and how you also do things below you will find 3 separate parts of our 2020 Rules and Regulations there are a clickable download link for all to use yes there is quite a lot but everything you need should be there.
Also there are the separate The Welsh ONE50 Event Regulations 2020 these are in addition to anything put in place by Nora Motorsport
- Nora Code Of Practice: Here – – – > > >Code of Practice v1.0 October 2019
- Nora Cross Country Regulations v1.0: Here – – – > > >4×4 Cross Country Regulations v1.0 December 2019
Updated Wednesday October 9th @ 21:00
- The object of the event is for a single vehicle to drive a set course that will be set out using safari style arrows and gate system and consists of numerous laps across a wide range of off road terrain which will be timed to an accuracy of the nearest second by means of GPS and Computerised timing system, there will be live timings available on various platforms as well as being at Event HQ over the whole weekend, scoring will be the time recorded for each lap with the total time of all parts of the course included plus any penalties gained points will then be awarded accordingly, DNF’s will be added per lap.
- There may be random Alcohol Breath tests done during the course of competition time and anyone who is believed to be over a unsafe Drink Drive Limit will be held back until safe to drive or help. The use of any prohibited/banned substances is strictly not allowed at any time and will lead to immediate disqualification from the event with a possible future ban from competing at this event and others of a similar nature.
- Each lap will consist of 3 special challenge sections that you will be punched in by a marshal and once you have covered the correct route and exit correctly you will be punched out you will NOT need to collect punches on route. There will be a By-Pass route in force for vehicles that are either broken or just simply don’t want to attempt challenge sections, failure to do the Special Sections will incur a time penalty which will increase with the more of the sections you miss (time penalties will be announced in the final instructions).
- There will also be 1 “Bogey Section” which has to be completed once per day, failure to do so will result in a Heavy Time Penalty of 120 mins per day.
- The event will be for individual vehicles, each of which must carry one driver and one co-driver providing they are accommodated in securely fixed seats and wearing approved seatbelts or harnesses. All drivers must have current UK driving licence & MSUK competition licences of clubman status or above, Both Driver and Co Driver must be members of an MSUK Affiliated club All memberships and licences will be checked at signing on.
- You will continue to monitor the serviceability of your vehicle throughout the event and will take the necessary action as required to maintain it.
- All entrants must be 16 or over and vehicles must comply with MSUK challenge regulations. Vehicles must also have a working horn, seatbelts for all seats in use, towing points front and rear & carry a tow rope. Horns will be used to notify an emergency. On hearing horns competitors, should attempt to assist/ locate the problem or notify marshals.
- All competitors (driver and co-driver) are to attend ALL briefings and sign on to say they have attended a penalty may also be given you will be stopped from competing until briefed.
- Vehicles must display number boards and sponsor stickers at all times and we will be using the numbering system as listed >>HERE<<
- Hi Level Day Time running lights are required these must be turned on if visibility is low.
- Vehicles must carry an emergency first aid kit, spill kit and fire extinguisher. All items must be securely stowed within a vehicle and as per MSUK requirements.
- Competitors are not allowed to smoke while competing.
- Camp Site and Pit Site speed limit is 10 MPH
- In the event of a breakdown, repairs must be carried out on a suitable ground sheet. Try to limit any spillage of fuel or oil. In the event of any spillage a spill kit must be used and a marshal must be informed.
- Do NOT drop any litter.
- All competitors will obey the organisers / marshals instructions. Their decision is final.
- We are working closely with other event organisers and any serious breaches of behaviour could lead to a ban on entering subsequent events for a period of time as deemed appropriate to the offence. In such cases this may lead to bans from other events organised by other clubs/organisations. We will also uphold this rule for other organisers events for the benefit of safety and reputation of our sport.
- If you feel at any time that the severity of a section is beyond your capability you must stop. You will not be forced into a situation you consider to be potentially dangerous. All sections, punches and other parts of the event are voluntary. You should not attempt them if you feel it is outside you or your vehicles capability.
- Pets are permitted in the main event control and the camping area only. They are NOT permitted onto the site(s) or areas where the competitors are actually competing. For example; if the campsite is in a field and they are competing in a wood, then pets are NOT permitted into ANY PART of that wood. You are responsible for the safe handling and safety of your pets. The organisers and/or sponsors and/or competitors take no responsibility for the actions of your pets or any damage (immediate or otherwise) that they may cause. Pets should be kept under close control at all times.
- There is only 1 class with no restrictions on traction aids or winches but must be in line with MSA technical rules for point to point / challenge vehicles.
- Tree stops are to be placed no higher than 1m above the base of the tree, if in doubt a guideline of waist height should be used and shackled close to stop tree slippage..
- In the event of an infringement of the recovery rules, there will be one verbal warning given before a penalty is charged. Remember that the rules are there for the protection of yourself and others.
- competitors will be penalised for causing excessive or deliberate damage to the site, not heeding marshal’s instructions, not adhering to the event rules and regulations or not following any guidance/direction given on here or at the drivers briefing,
- A winch sail must be used whenever winching across any sort of route/track/path. A shout of “clear for winching” is to be given when initiating winching.
- Gloves are to be worn when handling any recovery kit.
- Harnesses are to be worn by all occupants in any moving vehicle or under load.
- Helmets are mandatory and must be worn at all times when competing.
- Googles / Visor / Safety Glasses are strongly recommended to be used whilst competing.
- If you retire inform a marshal and sign out at Event Control and have your punch card and transponder removed.
- Overdue at finish: 250 points deducted every 5 mins (or part of) that your card is not with the organiser.
- If your punch card comes off the vehicle, then you will be issued with a new card and you start again.
- Barrier tape of various colours designs and indicates either: Closed off sections to limit access on the land owners site, or Out of bounds areas to make it harder to achieve some punches.
- You may not break/cross/go over and under/into an out of bounds area- Penalty for doing so card removed and start again. You may pass a winch line through the tape boundary to aid your passage.
- The tape and the line it subtends vertically should be considered as an unmovable solid barrier.
- Drivers / Co-Drivers are not permitted to change roles during the event.
- SOS & OK Boards must be carried and used as per instructions given in drivers brief.
- Supplied sponsor decals must be fitted before competing, failure to comply will result in a penalty
- All Loud music & Generators are to be turned off by 23.59*
In the event of an emergency sound your horn for assistance and flash lights to attract attention. If it is serious dial 999 for assistance and specify location as required, plus inform event organisers and marshals.
Updated Wednesday October 9th @ 21:00
- Bypassing 1 Challenge Section + 20 Mins Penalties
- Bypassing 2 Challenge Sections + 20 +20 +10 = + 50 Mins Penalties
- Bypassing 3 Challenge Sections + 20 + 20 + 20 + 15 = + 75 Mins Penalties
- Not Completing Challenge Section/S = Same Penalties As Bypassing (As Above)
- Failing To Do “Bogey Section” Once per day + 120 Mins Penalties Per Day
- Failing To Start Window 1 On Allocated Time 30 Minute Penalty (Please See Window 1 Start)
- Deliberate Tape Breakage + 30 Minutes 1st Warning, 60 Minutes 2nd, Disqualified 3rd
- Pit Area & By-Pass Speeding Excess Of 10 MPH + 30 Minutes 1st Warning, 60 Minutes 2nd, Disqualified 3rd
- Course Deviation (Of Under 20 Metres From Defined Set Course) + 500 Seconds
- Taking Incorrect Route 1st Offence Dnf, 2nd Offence = Disqualified
- Abusive Behaviour + 60 Minutes 1st Warning, Disqualified 2nd
- Not Using Or In-Proper Use Of Seat Belts / Harnesses In A Moving Vehicle Whilst On A Live Course = Instantly Disqualified
- Not Wearing Of Helmets In A Moving Vehicle Whilst On A Live Course = Instantly Disqualified
- Smoking Whilst Driving + 30 Minutes
- Making Own Way Back To Pit Area Un-Aided or Supervised = Instantly Disqualified
- Failure To Fit Sponsor Decals + 30 Minutes
- If At Any Time A Competitor Or Any Of Their Support Team is Seen To Be Reckless or Endangering Lives Of Themselves Or Others = Instantly Disqualified And May Be Asked To Leave The Site